This article covers how to Register an Invoice Payment, which is used for internal bookkeeping purposes in your Accounting Payment Journal.
Before you begin
This article only covers how to register a payment that is linked to an existing invoice that you have created previously.
You might want to take a look at Recording A Receipt instead if you wish to record a payment that is not linked to an invoice.
Navigating to Customer Invoice page
1. Click on Accounting at the left panel (Red Box)
2. Click on Accounts Receivable at the top bar (Blue Box)
3. Click on Customer Invoices (Green Box)
4. Select the Invoice that you want to register payment (Red Box)
5. Click Register Payment (Red Box)
Filling Bank details
6. Fill in the details needed (Red Box)
- Payment Journal – Select the bank account that your customer paid to
- Payment Amount – By default it is the full invoice amount, you may choose to do partial payment
- Cheque No. – Optional
- Payment Date
7. Click Validate one done (Blue Box)
Now that you have registered payment, check out how to issue recurring or progressive invoices to your customers next.