This article covers how to generate an On-Screen Report, which drills down to the list of transactions within the parameters you’ve set, allowing you to generate reports that you need for business analysis.
Before you begin
Before you begin, you need to know the date range and which journals which you are interested in.
Navigating to your On-Screen report page (General Ledger)
1. Click on Accounting at the left panel (Red Box)
2. Click on Reports at the top bar (Blue Box)
3. Click on General Ledger(Beta) (Green Box)
4. Fill in the necessary details (Red Box)
- Date filters (Date Range)
- Start Date
- Target moves
- Sort by
- Partner (Optional)
- Journals (Remove unnecessary journal to make the report easier to understand)
- End Date
- Display accounts
- Include initial balance (To select whether to include opening balance)
5. Select Filter or Apply (Blue Box)
- Filter – By clicking filter, it allows the details in the settings menu to be amended if necessary.
- Apply – By clicking apply, an on-screen report with the selected settings will be populated.
6. Select Expand all or Merge all (Green Box)
- Expand all – Expanding all transactions to a per line transaction
- Merge all – Merging all transaction to a consolidated figures
7. Select PDF or XLSX to download the on-screen report to the respective file type (Pink Box)
Now that you’re done with generating an On-Screen Report, you may want to take a look at generating an Aging Report.