The trial balance report shows the balances of your company’s General Ledger accounts at a given point in time. The accounts that are listed on a trial balance report are important accounting items such as assets, liabilities, equity and expenses.
The main purpose of this report is to identify if the balances of debit and credit entries in the general ledger match, or simply put, it tells you if your company’s bookkeeping entries are mathematically correct.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have already set up DashBod Accounting.
How it works
Navigating to your trial balance report
1. Click on Accounting at the left panel (Red Box)
2. Click on Reports at the top bar (Blue Box)
3. Click on Trial Balance (Green Box)
Filling in the details
4. Fill in the necessary details (Red Box)
- Target moves
- Start Date
- End Date
- Show Zero Entries (Optional)
5. Click Export once done (Blue Box)
7. Save the file and open it from your downloads folder
Learn how to generate a General Ledger Report in DashBod.