This article covers how to record a receipt, which is used for internal bookkeeping purposes in your Accounting Receivable Journal.
Before you begin
This article only covers how to record a Receipt that is not linked to an invoice.
You might want to take a look at Register an Invoice Payment for payments that are linked to existing invoices that you have created previously.
Navigating to Receipt page
1. Click on Accounting at the left panel (Red Box)
2. Click on Accounts Receivable at the top bar (Blue Box)
3. Click on Receipts (Green Box)
4. Click Create
5. Fill up the follow fields (Red Box)
- Select the Payment Type*
- Select your Customer*
- Select your Bank*
- Amount – Enter the amount if inclusive tax*
- Select the Payment Mode
- Payment Date*
- Memo (Optional)
- Cheque No (Optional)
- Remarks (Optional)
6. Click Save (Blue Box)
7. Click Confirm once done (Green Box)
After creating a receipt you may now apply the receipt to an invoice.